Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Mighty Tatra!


Congratulations are in order to our good friends Paul and Dydia. Their killer Tatra is now, according to the NY Times, the coolest car in America. Paul has worked on many movies with me, and is also the owner of some really great Indians. Paul really is in many ways the last of a dying breed. In Los Angeles anyway. See, kids, there used to be people that were referred to as "Bohemians". I know it sounds crazy, but some people were content with leading a fulfilling life that was centered more around art, love and exploring human nature than the all mighty dollar. I believe that there were some books written about such nonsense...
What happened to a place in society that celebrated eccentricities? As age creeps upon me, I realize that most of the people that I encounter are chronically dissatisfied. I think that as a country and even a world, the past few years have taught us that we've all been buying into the game. I think that most of us have abandoned love and art and general happiness. It's all about the chasing of pennies and the chasing of a unrealistic idea of wealth.
My friend Paul works when he's not living life, instead of the other way around. The cars and bikes are labors of love, not investments. To me, that seems like a pretty cool place to be in life.
After that....go buy stuff on the Glory web site.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post about two great people. Paul & Dydia are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog!! Wish I would've known about it sooner. I've been a fan of Glory some ten years ago (give or take). My very first two racing sweaters were Glory!

    Keep motorin'!!
    -John

    ReplyDelete